Sunday 7 September 2014

Photo Contest

              MEMORIES FROM SUMMER HOLIDAYS

                                  
1. Each country can submit 6 photos of students from last holidays
2. The photos must be related to  typical forms of spending summer holidays by kids in each country
3. The photos should contain cultural background.
4. The name of the author and  a short description must be attached.
The photos must not be copied from the internet.
5. The deadline is on 5th October 2014.
6. The winning country will be given a prize/prizes.

Finland

My name is Aada. I´m nine years old. I like nature and this picture I am in forrest with my neighboring`s children. In Finland we have lots of forrests and we say that forrest is our green gold. In the forrest we play and build huts. We pick berries and mushrooms.

I´m Veera and this is my Finnish baseball team (Pesä-Kiilat). We were on the baseball camp in Loimaa. There was over 100 teams all over the Finland. Our coach is Jaana. The Finnish baseball is our national game.

 






My name is Rene and I am seven years old. Like almost every other finnish children I also visited an amusement park on my summer holiday. The park called Powerpark is in Alahärmä about 150 kilometers from Välioja. Here I am sitting in a dragon.





Here I am on the lake Ahveroinen few kilometers from my home. I am with my family, which is mother, father and a younger brother. Now we came to watch birds like ducks and swans, but sometimes we come here for fishing. Finland  is often called the land of thousands of lakes. It is very important to keep life jackets, when you are in the rowing boat.






Hungary


My name is Melinda. My little sister was born in May. We went on a trip to the lake Balaton and spent there a few wonderful days. It is the largest lake in Central Europe and most popular place for tourists in Hungary.  My sister, Tamara enjoyed her first holiday. We visited a lot of interesting places. In this picture you can see my brother, Attila and my sister, Tamara.
I am Dániel from Hungary. In this picture you can see me in Szerencs. This town is famous for its chocolate. Hmmmm, I love chocolate! There was a Festival, of course Chocolate Festival and we went there to eat some chocolate. In this picture I was joking.
My name is Zsanett. I am 12 years old. This summer me and my friends often visited the local Catholic Church where we were talking, singing, drawing. We had very nice time there.


Hello My E-CLUE friends! I am Cintia, I live in Tiszasas. This is a flat territory and in summer we went to the hills with my family. Here you can see me and my brother, Dani as we are climbing the walls of the castle in Eger int he Bükk Mountaines.






It’s me, Melinda again. In this summer we went to an Andventure park near our village and I tried the ropes with my friends. It was a little bit scary but I really enjoyed it.













Italy


My name is Francesca and I am 13 years old. In this picture you can see me on the left. The location name is Bellamonte, in the region of Trentino, in the North East of Italy. I was in a summer camp with other kids. Here we are preparing to have a rafting trip in the local river. It was an amazing experience.







My name is Lorenzo and I am 13 years old. In this picture I am on the beach in Latina. Italians can't stay away from football, even in sumertime.







Poland



My name is Julia. I was on holiday with my family.We went to The Mazurian Lake District ( northern Poland). We lived in Płaska, the biggest attraction there are four beautiful
lake: Serwa,Eagle, Pobojno and Paniewo. 
We swam in the lake, were riding  bikes and we walked in the forests. This was the best holiday.




It's me, Daniela.
I'm in the Tatra Mountains at Morskie Oko, a lake which is 1395 metres above sea level. I was there with my friends from volleyball team on a day trip.


I was on 20th of August in Kraków. I was with my family and we were in The Old Town . It was rainy but beautiful. This photo my mum is taking when I'm standing in front of the Mariacki Church . It's very old church and in this church there is a beautiful wooden altar . I think Kraków is one of most beautiful places in Poland.










My name is Wiktoria.
This summmer in July I was with my family in a rope park in Krzywa near Gorlice. Sometimes it was hard but I wanted to complete the whole route. This is a very  interesting place to spend free time.
My name is Emily . This year I went with my parents on holiday to the Table Mountains ( south-western part of Poland). These mountains are called so because their tops are flat as tables . There were a lot of large rocks that looked like animals or objects .





Spain


Turkey



We are Beril and Beyza. We are twins and 9 years old. We live in Yalova. We spent this summer in Heybeliada (one of the Princess islands in Istanbul.) with our grandparents. There are no cars in Heybeliada, you either walk or have a ride with horses.





I'm Öykü. I'm 9 years old. I'm a 4th grade student. My dad took this photo during our visit to Moving Villa. It is an important place in Yalova and it has a lovely story. It is a summer house that was moved 5 meters forward not to cut a historical tree upon Ataturk's ( founder of Turkish Republic) request.
I'm Ali. I was in Ephesus this summer with my family. Ephesus was an ancient Greek city. It was built in the 10th century BC .The city was famed for the Temple of Artemis (completed around 550 BC), one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Ephesus was one of the seven churches of Asia that are cited in the book of Revelation. The city was the site of several 5th century Christian Councils.



I'm Yağmur. I'm nine years old. This summer, I visited Anıtkabir with my mum. It's a memorial tomb. It's the mausoleum of Atatürk (the leader of Turkish War of Independence). 





I'm Begüm. I live in Yalova. This photo is from "Rosehouse Park (Gülhane Parkı)" It is a historical urban park in Istanbul, Turkey. It is located on the grounds of the Topkapı Palace ( a historical Otttoman Palace). It is one of the oldest public parks in Istanbul.











My name is Sencer. I'm nine years old. I'm a 4th grade student. I was in Pamukkale with my family this summer. It is famous for its hot springs and travertines. It was declared a World Heritage Site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment